Skill Level: Beginner
Our WordPress Jumpstart is career building workshop aimed at beginners who wish to build their first website for both personal and business uses.
Chicago WordPress Workshop Instructor: Scott Winterroth, Digital Marketer
Details: If you’re looking to enhance your online presence, either for yourself or for your business, our Chicago WordPress Workshop is perfect for you. This session teaches the very basics of getting your self-hosted WordPress website and blog up-and-running on the internet using your own .com domain name and hosting account. The instructor, Scott Winterroth, will walk you through, step-by-step, the actions you need to take. You will walk away from this class with a fully working, professionally installed, WordPress website ready to use and confidence in managing your own site.
Main WordPress Class Topics:
And a whole lot more!
- Purchasing a .com domain name
- Configuring a Web Host and your Options
- Understanding WordPress Open Source
- WP Install Walkthrough
- Learn the WordPress Language
- Creating Posts and Pages
- Widgets and Menus
- Integrating with social media
- Getting your site into search engines
- Understanding images and your website
- Troubleshooting common hiccups
- WordPress Entrepreneurship
Complimentary Lunch provided with admission.
Upcoming Workshops – $199
What to Bring to our Chicago WordPress Workshop:
- A laptop computer with power cord (Computer rentals available)
- Notepad and pen
We walk to Potbelly’s (block away) and break for lunch. Complimentary lunch is included with your ticket.
I don’t have a computer.
Video Testimonials from Past WordPress Training Students: