Helping Since 2010
Chicago WordPress Jumpstart Workshop:
Saturdays, 10 AM to 3 PM located downtown at Lake St and Wacker Drive.
Sessions held when we have a minimum of 3 - 4 students confirmed and pre-paid for class. Please use the interest form located to the right to jump on our list or email us at email@example.com.
A sample of topics covered:
- Introduction to WordPress
- Domain Names & Hosting
- Installing WordPress
- Getting comfortable with the WordPress backend
- Posts & Pages
If you’re looking to enhance your online presence, either for yourself or for your business, our Chicago WordPress Workshop is perfect for you. This session teaches the very basics of getting your self-hosted WordPress website and blog up-and-running on the internet using your own .com domain name and hosting account. The instructor, Scott Winterroth, will walk you through, step-by-step, the actions you need to take. You will walk away from this class with a fully working, professionally installed, WordPress website ready to use and confidence in managing your own site.
What to Bring to our In-Person Chicago WordPress Workshop:
- A laptop computer with fully charged battery and/or power cord (Computer rentals available)
- Private WiFi network provided
- Notepad and pen
- You may wish to purchase hosting or a domain name during the class instruction to follow along. This is not required but recommended.
- Complementary small lunch is provided. (Potbelly's Sandwich or something similar) Feel free to bring your own lunch or snacks if you prefer.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
or call: 312-884-9673 (email preferred)
Get notified when we post a new class.
Cancellation Policy for Prepaid Workshops
Things happen, we completely understand and that is why our cancellation policy is simple.
- First off, if we cancel a class, you will receive a full refund.
- For pre-paid registrants that cancel 72-hours prior to the class, we will offer a full refund.
- For pre-paid registrants that cancel within 72 hours prior to a class will receive a partial refund of 50%.
- For pre-paid registrations that do not show to a class, you will not receive a refund.
- If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us asap at email@example.com.
Co-Founder, Content Academy
Scott Winterroth is a career public relations pro, web entrepreneur and digital marketing coach. Since 2006, Scott has designed, built and managed hundreds of website, blogs and e-commerce projects through his company Front & Social, LLC, a digital consultancy based in Chicago.
Scott is passionate about teaching and coaching others and sharing how WordPress works and how to leverage the web. Since 2010, Chicago WordPress Training has matched WordPress trainers with hundreds of business owners and their employees to educate them with the skills required to operate a powerful content management driven website and blog.
Today, our grassroots approach to helping others with WordPress still applies but now, after a complete redesign from the ground up, Chicago WP Training is a powerful new platform for teaching and coaching students well beyond the classroom. Simply put, everyone has unique needs and learning shouldn't stop in the classroom.
Scott has been called the “Wizard of WordPress” and is proud to have spent hundreds of hours teaching, coaching, speaking to groups about WordPress.
We're ready to help you amp up digital business acumen so you can build the online marketing strategy of your dreams.